I keep having dreams about my family. We all meet together in one place, have a great time, laugh, catch up, and then everybody has to go their separate ways and I feel like I will never see them again.
I really miss my family. Especially when I hear that half of them have been in a seriously disturbing car accident where they have been hit by a drunk driver and I am not there to help and see for myself that they are all, indeed, alright.
And it doesn't help when you hear from your mom, "I try not to tell you how much I miss you...but I really miss you!" Heart. Breaking.
I love my family. And I love that the older I get, the more opportunity I have to become closer to all of them. I don't want to lose that. So I have come up with a simple solution: We all must live within 100 miles of each other when and if the transitional period in all of our lives finally ends.
I know that McKay and I are where we are supposed to be and we are happy here. But it is a lonely thing to be without family. And it is a loss that I truly hope is only temporary.
Monday, July 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Manda! You make me cry because I feel exactly the same!
The last time I was home in June, and I had to leave all of you on the pier at Pismo, I got soooo sad! Dad dropped me off at the airport, and I just sat there and tried to cry real quiet like so no one would see. Then a friend back in Boston called and asked me how my trip was, and the poor guy just got an earful. Tearful earful.
I miss you, honey. You are in my prayers every single solitary day, and I love you.
One other thought: the 100 mile rule? Love it. I'm on board.
Oh I hear you. I don't know what I would do out here by my lonesome. Thank goodness Jess is only 20 minutes away. But I constantly miss my my best friends, who just happen to be my family.
Hang in there Mandy!
Hey Mandy...
I knew you would miss your family. I am sorry for the ache...but it is such a compliment to the family you have!!! I worry that my kids will move and won't miss me...hahaha.
I just heard this past Sunday about the accident. Me and Leslie heard it together from Kristi Call who was telling someone else and we both looked at each other and felt so sad that we hadn't heard until a week after the fact!
Leslie talked to Jenni and said she sounds good....what a scary thing. Horrible that it was a drunk driver. What idiots - IDIOTS - people are.
email me if you need to chat more...
Mary,did you get Laura's email she wrote about missing family? Weird how we're all in sync here...
Thanks goodness for my supportive bloggie group! What would I do without you?
OH MY! What missingness! When I get home this weekend it will be weird not seeing you. I will be sad! Yeah, I chatted with Leanne last night and it was as if it was our last chat on earth. I was feelin' the love.
P.S. I miss Winston, too. Sammy not so much. Sorry. I know he's great, but that Mr. Malty melts my heart.
Post a Comment