
See how happy these two are to move? What's wrong with them?
I don't know that I will ever be happy to move. Moving in to a new house--yes. But the actual moving process--no. And I would probably never wear the huge glasses that woman is wearing, either. But that’s beside the point.
I am so excited to get to Portland, but SO not excited to pack. And really not all that excited about having to live out of a suitcase at my mother-in-law’s for the next 3 or 4 weeks either. But that is beside the point as well…
We have to be out of our house the first weekend in May, so Saturday I thought I was really going to buckle down and get serious about packing. I got as far as taping the bottom of two boxes before I decided it was a much better idea to go eat Easter candy and watch a movie. I haaaate packiiing!!
This really just confirms the genius behind my investment plan. I’ve always said it would be a much better idea to invest in a really decked out RV (maybe even a bus) and a nice boat. That way, we can travel, and we never have to worry about packing when we move! I am still having a hard time convincing McKay, but I think this idea has serious merit.
On a brighter note, we found a very cute apartment in Beaverton (just outside of Portland). It has a fireplace! And a full size washer and dryer! Yeehaw! I know I will be very happy when we get there and all the boxes are unpacked and the world is right again. I’ll just have to keep my eye on the prize over these next few weeks.
Whose idea was it to move 6 times in 3 years anyway? Sadly, I’m pretty sure it was always mine…
4 comments:
I can't wait to help you move and come see you in Pland. This is going to be a move where you stay put for a while... that's an upside at least, yeah?!
Why am I having such a hard time with the idea of you not being at home anymore? It's not like I'm there! I'm truly happy and excited for you, but I'm sad! Why?!
I know... perhaps because I will not be right here waiting when you come home? The idea of that makes me sad, too. I won't get to see you guys when you come home for random trips!
WWWWAAAAAAAAAhhhh! That was a wail of sorrow in case you girls didn't catch it. Just think how i feel...practically raising you as I did (hahaha) and now you're all off to different parts of the world. Okay...country...what does it matter? I'm so happy for you all though. and mostly just darn proud. I wanna be you girls when i grow up! trust me...it's true.
Post a Comment