Last weekend McKay and I were in Blockbuster, where we frequently find ourselves (ps. I fully endorse the online Blockbuster program, in which you get to trade one of your mail-in movies for an in-store movie). It was my pick. I decided to give the 1st season of Prison Break, Disc 1 a shot. Occasionally I will flip through the four channels that are picked up on our high tech set of rabbit ears and whenever Prison Break has been on I've always thought--how long can you possibly drag out an escape?? How entertaining can this possibly be?? Let me tell you.I am decidedly hooked. To the point that I dragged my poor husband out at 11:30pm on a Thursday night to get the last three discs. I can't explain it, really. The acting is mediocre, the situations are ridiculously impossible and prison life is definitely, DEFINITELY glamorized. And yet. I love it.
Last weekend I was working and asked my co-worker if she ever watched it. Immediately two random customers peeked their heads around the corner to discuss. "Prison Break, you say?? I love that show!" I am not alone.
I realize that it is not for everyone. My co-worker informed me that she worked with a lot of kids in juvenile detention centers and found it offensive the way the media glorifies prison life. Ahem. Awkward.
Did I mention that the lead guy has eyes that match his prison blues exactly? It's pretty amazing, actually.
1 comment:
I am a prisoner. This post offends me.
P.S. I'm listening to Your Hands Are Cold right now-- your song!!
Post a Comment