Monday, May 15, 2006

This is what late night television will do to you.



I don’t know what it is but I just can’t seem to get these damn Ronco knives out of my head. I want ‘em. Bad. And yet, I feel so foolish. I’ve never purchased anything demonstrated on an infomercial. But when I watch Mr. Ronco slice through that tomato like it’s nothing, I am completely mesmerized. If only I knew if they, indeed, are as good as they seem on TV.
After using crappy knives for going on 4 years now, I am more than ready to have some decent cutlery. It doesn’t seem like it would be that big of a deal. But truly, it is taking its toll. I can’t sleep at night. I feel like there is something missing in my life.
Okay, maybe not. But it would be nice to have good knives.
So here’s the question—can I justify three easy payments of $13.33 for what appear to be wonder knives? If I buy now I can get 8 additional steak knives!! While we rarely have company, and I don’t usually cook, let alone cook steak, perhaps 8 steak knives would be just the motivation I need to launch my budding steak cooking career!
So what do you think? Is Mr. Ronco a trustworthy fellow? If that is his real name...Maybe his first name is Ron??!
I just don’t know.

10 comments:

Sarita said...

That's exactly how I felt when I finally gave in to Daisy Fuentes and ordered the Windsor pilates. It was worth it (the additional dvds every month at $40 a pop werent, and so i canceled, but still have plenty to keep me busy...when i'm not being a lazy bum).

Amanda and McKay said...

Well Who could refuse someone named Daisy??

Mary said...

get em.

this coming from the girl who in a fit of depression and grief ordered herself the total gym at 3 a.m. for about $700.

and more depression therein ensued.

nanni said...

My parents ordered the Ginsu knives many years ago. They are the bomb, although they do not cut a soda can as easily as it appears on tv. But they do work very well, especially for cutting tomatoes. So maybe it's not all bad to get stuff from infomercials.

Amanda and McKay said...

Did I mention there is a lifetime warranty on all the knives even if the damage is the buyer's fault?

Mary said...

so get 'em already!!!

Amanda and McKay said...

I know, what am I waiting for?!
Oh money. That's right.

Unknown said...

Mary...? did you really order a Total Gym? Isn't that the one that Chuck Norris sells????

Amanda and McKay said...

Mary secret wish is to be more like Chuck Norris.

Mary said...

I'm finally at a place where I'm okay with it. Both with buying Chuck's Total Gym and wanting to be Chuck.