Tuesday, May 16, 2006

So I just went to The Cinnamon Roll Shop in Clovis to a.) get a cinnamon roll and b.) to get away from my obsessive compulsive, anal-retentive, micro-managing manager and who did I run into there? My daddy. It was a pleasant surprise. And it also made me very sad, because I thought to myself it will not be long before I will be living far away and the odds of running into my dad around town will be very, very slim.
Sometimes small towns are fun. Except when you run into people you went to high school with who you would have been more than fine with never running into again. But today it was dad. And I’m always happy to see him.

8 comments:

Mary said...

she got walnuts and cream cheese frosting on her cinnamon roll too, y'all.

i miss that shop.
i miss daddy.
i miss my paka.

Amanda and McKay said...

Paka listens when I talk about cream cheese frosting...

Guess how many days till Cambria??

Sarita said...

How many? Am I invited? Oh the blessings and evils of the small town.

I always liked your dad.

Amanda and McKay said...

21 and a half days...any and all are invited. As long as you bring smores and blankets and $100,000. Unfortunately, We cannot accept personal checks.

Mary said...

Hmmm...went down from last year. I was hoping to finally get the jet I wanted. Ah well, maybe next year.

The AdventureWalkers said...

Sorry to barge in on your blog here, but had to check it out. And the verdict is...VERY NICE. (You guys have always been some of my favorite people, you know, a REAL family.) Hope your parents and all are well and happy. I'll bring the Smores and the blankets and 100,000 nanoparticles (They fit on 1/10th the head of a pin according to page 116 of the current National Geographic). Tell your parents they should come to Peru with us. (Learn the mystery of the tatooed mummy on page 70 of the same issue.) This is a not veiled spam from the NG, I promise...just on my desk today. Chris Jones.

The AdventureWalkers said...

Sounds like you may need some "learn to love your boss therapy". Does he or she always start every request with, "You know, it would be really great if..."????? cjones

Amanda and McKay said...

Oh my gosh, how did you know???

I definitely think my parents should go to Peru with you guys! Actually, forget my parents, can I come??

You Jones people are the best...