Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day Surprise



McKay is the best Valentine ever.

Today he sent me the Golden Note Quartet (4 adorable elderly gentlemen dressed in tuxedos and red vests) to sing "I Love You Truly" and deliver a flower.

First: I love sweet, old guys
Second: McKay really thought this one out and planned way in advance
Third: Who doesn't want to be sung to by sweet, old guys?

I know it's cheesey and sickening, but I just feel SO special today. And I really love my husband. Not just because he sent me cute old men--but because he makes me so happy every day.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i didn't get cute old men. hahaha...i saw those old guys on the news the other day...and i thought, "wouldn't that be so cute if Royce paid them to come and sing to me?" well........nope. it didn't happen. HOWEVER...i'm happy for you Mandy!!! maybe next year i'll get Cute Old Guys at my door! YAY MCKAY!!!

christina said...

That is the coolest thing I have ever heard! Way to go, McKay! We didn't have valentine's day, we are waiting until after the bar, so I might have to drop some hints about singing old men to Matthew...

Mary said...

And they sang the song from It's a Wonderful Life! You know, the one where Burt and Ernie (no joke) stand in the rain and serenade Mary and George on their wedding night, at that old house, 320 Sycamore!

Man, McKay gets major, major stock points. Good job.

Amanda and McKay said...

Kim, I'll come sing to you anytime. You just tell me when!

I would recommend to one and all the singing little old men. They're the best. And they have a wide variety of songs to choose from! McKay just chose those songs because he knows I like the really old stuff. And I totally forgot that that's the song Burt and Ernie sang in It's a Wonderful Life!!

Sarita said...

That is the coolest thing ever (I just realized that is exactly what Christina said, but we're sisters so get off my back). So very sweet. You got a good one.

Unknown said...

so they sang, "i love you truly...truly dear?....." how fabulous.

Hobo said...

blog something new why don't you.