Today is a boring day for me, and I am thinking of all of the things that I wish I were doing instead of sitting here at work. So...I thought I would make a list of things I am thinking about. Random things. An outlet for me, and a treat for anyone who has ever wanted to delve into my psyche...
1. I am 5'4" and weigh about as much as the average 8th grader.
2. Actually, I have not grown much at all since the 8th grade.
3. I hated the 8th grade.
4. At age 14 I wrote in one of my journals that someday I would marry McKay Marshall.
5. I married McKay Marshall.
6. Yesterday I downloaded the theme song to Jem (it's truly outrageous)
7. Reading is one of the only ways I can make myself relax.
8. My iPod saves me on a regular basis from having to participate in meaningless office small talk.
9. I am a Seinfeld addict.
10.One time when Laura and I lived in Hawaii we were walking to the bus stop and some guy leaned out of his car and yelled "you're ugly!!"
11. Laura and I are still recovering from being told we were ugly.
12. Laura is hot.
13. Robin Hood is the best Disney movie ever made. Well, one of them at least.
14. More people should have voted for Ralph Nader. He has good ideas, you guys...
15. Someday I would really like to go to Italy with my sisters. We would totally have a blast.
16. Once I went out with a guy who got a face rash from eating too many mangos. ONCE.
17. When I die I am looking forward to talking to Jane Austen. Maybe we will be good friends.
18. I feel that daylight savings is more trouble than it's worth.
19. I believe that it is a person's socks, not their eyes,that are a window to their soul. The socks tell all.
20. I am very hungry right now....
Wednesday, February 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
You should move to Arizona. They are rebels, they don't do daylight savings. I married a daylight savings time rebel. It's weird when I call my in-laws and I can't ever remember if its the half of the year when they are the same time as us, or the half where they are an hour later.
Down with Daylight Savings.
that was the comment of all comments.
All things I have been dying to know about Amanda. Seeing as I havent seen you since about 8th grade. I love that you married Mckay Marshall. I wrote in my first journal that I would marry Bradley Harmon. That was back in the day when we played He-man and She-ra and he would rescue me from Skeletor's castle. He's married now and has twins. And is shorter than me.
I grew a lot after 8th grade. And sometimes think I am still growing.
I was Jem for Halloween this year. Nobody got it.
I love to read.
I want an IPOD.
I am a recovering Sienfeld addict.
The only time men have whistled or catcalled at me on a regular basis was on my mission when I had gained weight,dressed frumpy, had bad skin, and overall, felt disgusting. Something about the skirt I think.
Laura has always been hot.
Once I went out with a guy who inadvertently got glitter all over his face. I told him that he got it all off, but Im sure he went home and called me a liar.
My socks run away. Im not sure what that means.
I should be working right about now.
Can I hang out with you and Jane? And go to Italy? Teach me about Ralph Nader. I just wrote a paper on corporate welfare and learned a lot about him. Not a lot, just some. I'm sick of the two party system. They've turned into a bunch of bratty children.
the end
I'm so glad to hear you were hungry!!!
I love that at 14 you had your man picked out, and you really did. I thought that never happens.
If you hang out with Jane, I'll go make Eliza R. Snow hang out with me, and then we'll double.
I know, my comments can get a little outta hand.
Today I have on Mickey Mouse socks. I hope that says something good about me.
Speaking of relaxing reading, manda, have you had a chance to start the Bruce C. Hafen book?
Just wondering if it's any good.
Yeah I've read a little in it...I haven't gotten too far yet, though. It's really good so far!
Mickey Mouse socks=having your priorities straight in life.
I'm going to be like a psychic, only with people's socks. I'll use those instead of a crystal ball.
Post a Comment