
I admire, from afar, in a very platonic way, Mark Ruffalo and all the cute little movies he's in. I love this movie. So cute! And SO funny! I really liked it, and yesterday I bought it at Target because it was on sale. This lady tried to run me down with her shopping cart so she could get one of the last 2 copies (hello? What is wrong with people?) but I got my copy.
I find it very refreshing to see a very real male character in movies...to admire, like I said, completely platonically. :)
I get so bored with the ego-maniac "save the day", muscles and brawny-type that are all over the movie screen these days. Perhaps Hollywood is somewhat beginning to understand that not all girls want a greased up gun-toting, muscle car driving womanizer. Some of us are more apt to look toward the slightly nerdy, somewhat flawed, eccentric and shy, witty and pensive type.
So here's to Mark Ruffalo, the lead singer of Weezer, the guy who played Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice, and all those other guys who don't fit the "hunk" mold, but who I would deem totally hunky.
15 comments:
I have had such a platonic crush on Mark Ruffalo since I saw him 13 going on 30. There's just something about him. My husband even agrees...
Hoo-ah for geeks and nerds and dweebs and rejects that grow up and make the women swoon! Amen and amen.
There is something irresistable about an approachable, unassuming man.
I freaking love nerds.
....so much so that I post pictures of me in these monstrous glasses all over the wide web in the hopes of catching one!
Good luck with that Mary. I have loved Mark ever since what's it called? With Gwenyth Paltrow, the flight attendent one? I thought to myself, "Gwenyth's taller than him, so we could work it out."
My other favorite being Luke Wilson. Anyone see The Family Stone?
Oh, thats where i saw him first, View from the Top. I thought it was something before 13 going on 30. So I correct myself, I have had such a platonic crush on Mark Ruffalo since I saw him in View from the Top. And I watched legally blonde the other day, and I love Luke Wilson in it. The best part is when Elle calls him a butthead.
give me a break, ok. It's on TBS ALL THE TIME. And one of the speakers at Law School Graduation even quoted Elle Woods. :)
I...um....own Legally Blonde...cough.....because of Luke Wilson.
Luuuuke Wilsoooon!!!! I thought he was one of the best parts of The Family Stone.
Totally. Add him to the list.
I now know who that guy is you guys are talking about. I'm sorry but I think he's repulsive. In a strictly plutonic way, don't worry.
hobo, it's platonic. don't be so exonerated.
Family Stone is a great flick, and Luke Wilson is wicked brilliant in it.
I saw View from the Top, but don't remember Mark Ruffalo in it. But maybe that's because I was watching it in an apartment in Queens with two gay guys and their sister feeling weird and really just wanting to pass out from exhaustion after driving to New York with a bipolar roommate who conveniently forgot her meds and was practically manic throughout the entire....oh, I'm sorry, am I still talking out loud?
Laura has a picture of herself on Space Mountain....i LOVE it so much! That has nothing to do with the subject at hand (Mark Ruffalo -who is also my particular platonic friend)...but it made me laugh out loud to see cute, brave, fun Laura on Space Mountain. ANYWAY....yes...i love the movie with cute Reese and my particular friend Mark in it. Royce bought it for me last night. Glad you got a copy Mandy...hope the vicious shopping cart lady got hers too. how rude.
love you all..........
I got sucked into watching 13 going on 30 because of him. I usually wouldn't watch those, but I just couldn't turn it off for some reason. I was totally sucked in by his charm.
Laura are you making bombs in your basement again?? What have we talked about?
Amanda, don't blog about my basement bombs. kim, I love how you comment about me on Space Mountain Amanda's Mark Ruffalo comment section. THat made me laugh and warmed my heart. Mary, hilarious. I love this blog stuff.
Hey! I got to you through Sarah's Blog, thought I would check yours out. Speaking of nerds...I married one and he is adorable! He has seen every episode of every season of every star trek series and spin off ever made. Thats a lot of every's! Plus just about every other sci fi sieries there is...and...now he is writing his own. Nerds are the best!
Post a Comment