A conversation I had with Bryn today... Bryn is five years old and has been my buddy, along with her sister Audrey who is 3, for the past two years. Every Monday through Thursday we hang out.
Bryn: "Amanda, why do you have to go far far away to school? Can't you just go to McKay's school?"
Me: "No...McKay goes to a different kind of school."
Bryn: "Oh. Only for computers and stuff."
Me: "Yeah."
Bryn: "But I will miss you."
Me: "I will miss you too."
Bryn: "Will you call me so we can talk about how many new freckles I have?" (An after bath activity we've had for a while now. I count the freckles on her nose and always announce the newest addition).
Me: "Of course."
Bryn: "I'll have to talk on the phone in the bathroom, so I can see my freckles in the mirror."
Me: "Sounds good."
Bryn: "Amanda?"
Me: "Yeah?"
Bryn: "Are you SURE you have to go?"
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is precious. Those girls have obviously fallen in love with you!! I'm sure you'll stay in touch with them for many years!
This almost made me cry! Nannying is intense. I can definitely relate to you on this stuff.
Oh, man. So hard. I love that you count freckles.
Post a Comment