Friday, December 30, 2005

Ode to Disneyland...


Next week is the final week before our season passes to Disneyland expire.
I cannot describe the profound sadness I feel because of this.
That was perhaps the best Christmas gift I have recieved. EVER. I felt like I won the lottery. I'm sure it will always be up there as one of the best days of my life. Wedding day. Birth of my children. Day we got season passes to Disneyland. But January 8, 2006...that will be a dark, dark day.
I know I should probably be over Disneyland. I'm 24 years old now. I'm married. My priorities should be a little different at this point in my life... but alas... :)
There's just something there for me. When I'm in Disneyland, life is good! Everything's good! Mickey's there!!
I just want to sit down in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle wearing one of those princess costumes they don't sell in adult sizes but should, and eat ice cream until I die. Is that so much to ask??
I will miss my season pass. Truly. Deeply.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mandy...

i know...we had season passes ONCE. we had vowed at the time they expired to purchase them again one day, but alas, that day has never come. instead, i've purchased a new refrigerator and had the washing machine fixed. i yearn for that magical land where all is clean, innocent and basically fake. haha. i agree...why no costumes in adult size? royce and i would make a darling, chubby, advanced in age Prince Philip and Princess Aurora.

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Mandy!!!

Sarita said...

Ummm....it's the happiest place on earth? who wouldnt want to be there. It has in fact been way too long since I have been.

Mary said...

I think the photo says it best. Nothing defines the women in our family better than a princess banner around the torso with a sword in hand.

Mand-Mand...there there. chut chut. Little fella. When I finally audition for Cinderella, I'll be able to give you the backstage tour and all the churros your stomach can handle.

Amanda and McKay said...

Dude, you be Cinderella and I'll be Snow White. I love her costume.

Amanda and McKay said...

Thanks for the sympathy, guys...I knew my bloggie friends would understand.

Sarita said...

In fact, let's go. Right now. It takes about 10-11 hours from here. I'll meet you there.

Amanda and McKay said...

See, you're joking, but I would totally do it!

Sarita said...

You think I would joke about Disneyland? How cruel do you think I am?