
I can remember the days when Kristen and I would hang out in her bedroom playing with her super cool barbie dream house while rocking out to Debbie Gibson...
Then, all of the sudden, I'm standing in a bridesmaid's dress at my best friend's wedding. And I thought to myself, wait a minute---- we're old enough to be married?! When did we grow up?!
It was so weird. I can't imagine how weird I'm going to feel if I live to be 90...
12 comments:
hi...i know the feeling...wait til you are 44 years old and you are attending the reception of a girl you used to drive home from the bus stop (Kristen) and you're watching the bridesmaid looking beautiful in a black lace dress (you) and thinking....oh my goodness...i remember when we'd spend hours chatting online on the BBS about the outlandishness of the teen years....haha...and i remember THIS GIRL (still you) babysitting for my children when she was 12 years old....and now she's married to McKay....WHEN DID I GROW UP MANDY? the beauty of it all is that we're in this together and always have been. the wonders of the journey never cease and i can say in all honesty that it has been one of the greatest pleasures and blessings of my life to share this journey with you....with you sisters...with your mom....and with Kristen. Thanks for being such a wonderful ETERNAL FRIEND.
and by the way...i'm a grandma now...when did THAT happen? in my mind i'm still 23 years old...and wondering what i want to be when i grow up.....
Amen to that. My little sister is married and all her friends are getting married and having children? It's a screwy if you ask me. I recall the day that I met Laura at Mickey Cox and we went trick or treating together as new found friends.
Kim, I absolutely love you.
Do you know that I still have some of the emails that you sent me on the BBS?! On my especially scary teenage-girl-emotional-roller-coaster days I would come running to you and you ALWAYS had such solid words for me. And it was always so true! The gist of them was always, "Life is hard, but you'll make it through." Which was always just what I needed. Not sugar coated fluff--the REAL DEAL. And that's what you are!
Real Deal Kim. Who was and is understanding and loving and who makes me laugh when it's either laugh or run screaming into the hills. :)
What would I have done without you?
BTW: I can't believe that you're a grandma either!!! And Christi's a mom?! And Sarah takes pictures of general authorities?! (I heard that, Sarah, is it true??)
I would also like to say that I said "always" about 6 million times in the previous comment. Well, not the previous comment, but the previous, previous comment.
That's the comment I was referring to. previously.
OKAY! TIME FOR A NAP! :)
I assisting in the picture taking of GA's, wasnt worthy enough to actually take them...heh.
But that was a 9 month internship.
I now assist low income spanish speaking pregnant women. :)
What's Amanda doing? Other than being married and hilarious?
and...i must add that i've shared the glorious journey of life with the Jones' Girls too. Every one of them is like either my daughter or my sister. we're like one big group of preexistant sisters. that was a blessing...to be sent out on this journey together! what would i do without you all????
and just FYI....Sarah is a marvelous photographer as is Mandy. You girls could open a "shop" together.
Amanda is working as a marketing analyst by day, crime fighter by night. Not really. But wouldn't that be cool?
I work for an advertisement agency, and it's actually pretty fun. Preparing to move out of Fresburg, though...McKay is going to be going to the Art Institute of Portland to study motion graphics and visual effects. So once we get there, I'm not sure what I'm going to do!
That is so cool that you assist low income spanish speaking pregnant women! How noble!
Man, you guys are cool. I don't know how noble I am, but I can speak spanish! It can be very rewarding sometimes. and Kim, I am proud to call you sister/seragate mother/friend.
So what was that like, taking pictures of general authorities??
"Could you just raise your chin and sit up straight, there, President Monson?"
Have you heard of Rocky Mountain School of Photography, Sarah? I think you should go. You have such talent. I remember--from way back when you were using me and Sheri Harrison as subjects for Mr Webb's class.
Post a Comment